Outdoor patio seating with heaters available. We are committed to provide a safe dine-in experience by taking all necessary safety precautions.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN:
- 921 reviews
- I always drove by nano cafe when I lived in Monrovia for a few months. It was usually really popular. I visited for Thanksgiving and decided to finally try it out. I got the salmon salad and it came with some garlic bread. The salad was fresh and the salmon was cooked well. Great flavor. I recommend getting a light dressing like balsamic vinaigrette because there's so much flavor from the salmon. Iced coffee was also great and refillable. They have a nice patio with curtains so you can block out the sun if it gets too hot. All the tables were full at 10am in the morning the day after thanksgiving, but people were in and out pretty fast.
- You see all the reviews, you see all the stars... Nano cafe is a STAPLE in Monrovia.
If you wake up and are feeling like going to a local diner and mom-and-pop vibes, you have to visit for breakfast or lunch. This place caters to anyone's pallet, even my immigrant parents who often prefer Asian flavors. There are traditional American breakfast items as well as twists with Asian flavors such as kimchi dishes. Great service, filling portions, fair prices, and delicious food, what else could you ask for?
I'll often do pancakes because they are so fluffy and large! Can't go wrong with any type of egg benedict and I also love a good hash.
Whenever you are driving by, drop by for food and leave with warm fuzzies in your heart and a full belly.
- Admittedly, Nano Cafe was my favorite place to dislike for a short bit. This was several years ago. Even though I felt this way, I've always been one to gamely try something until I either find something to like, or can confidently say that it doesn't fit the bill. At Nano, for sure the thing I LOVE is the Bulgogi bowl.
It is every bit savory, flavorful, stick to your ribs gooood! While the dish is best any time of day (I think), the fried egg on top qualifies it as breakfast. Drizzle a little sriracha sauce on top and you're golden. The egg yolk mixes in with the glass noodles and beef to give it an almost gravy / saucy texture. The carrots give you a tinge of not-so-overwhelming sweetness and the steamed rice rounds everything out. I tried to be good by not devouring the entire (pretty sizable) plate and saved half for either later today or breakfast, tomorrow. This dish comes with soup or salad -- I was given chicken soup, the soup of the day. This alone, is worth getting it's own serving. The broth was super clean and oh-so-flavorful with hints of bay leaf, taragon, tasty chicken and well prepared carrots, onions, garlic, and celery. I will say this batch was a tinge on the salty side, but it was easily forgiven for the rich flavors.
Service -- as always -- was top notch. We felt well taken care of. I will be back and maaaaybe might try something else -- but that bulgogi bowl is a tough one to beat.
- 5 stars to cancel out the idiot who gave 1 star due to Nano Cafe trying to keep their customers and workers safe from COVID by requiring vaccination. Their food is great and their employees are great. Enough said.
- Ordered breakfast croissant on DoorDash. Food arrived and saw this nice note from the restaurant! What amazing customer service. I order from DoorDash often and often restaurants just charge and substitute freely when they don't reach me by phone. Nano Cafe took the time to write me and let me know what's going on. Food was delicious even with the substitute. Such a cute and tasty place to dine.
- This place is the epitome of little mom and pop and we loved it. Brought both of our kids and everyone enjoyed their food. Great portions, good prices, good service, and phenomenal food (order the kimchi rice... omg so good).
I recommend everyone visit. We live in OC but we'll be back!
- We went to the nano Cafe looking for something better than the usual Denny's or like cafe and we're VERY PLEASED WITH THIS EXCELLENT CAFE...
THE FOOD WAS PERFECT and served with quick and polite people.....I can HONESTLY say that this is the best cafe that I've been to in a very long time. Workers were super courteous and fun to talk to
5 stars the best
Would give em 6 if it was possible
- Great local one stop place for breakfast/brunch/lunch! I've been coming to Nano Cafe since I was in high school and have always enjoyed my meals here.
My go to is the French toast combo with two sausage/2 bacon - love a good mix of salty and sweet. The portions are great for the price and the environment is nice and quaint. 🙂
- This is by far the BEST Breakfast spot I have ever been to in 40 years! The food is excellent, the service is phenomenal and the atmosphere is very chill. I Highly recommend coming here if you want the best service and food for awesome prices. This place is so great we are going back again tomorrow!
- See More
441 W Duarte Rd,
Monrovia, CA 91016
Monday – Saturday 6am – 3pm
Sunday 7am – 3pm